Adaptive Web Design and Responsive Web Design are often presented as competing design strategies. However, Adaptive Web Design is a superset of techniques aimed at crafting sites which provide an optimal user experience across multiple screen sizes. Responsive Web Design is just one such technique.
In this session, Varun will cover the major techniques that make up the Adaptive Web Design strategy, how and when to choose these techniques for creating contextually-aware web experiences, and will give an introduction to building responsive layouts using CSS Flexbox.
To demystify the world of multi-device and cross-platform web design.
Web designers and developers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Intermediate HTML and CSS. Basic design knowledge.
Five things audience members will learn
- What is Adaptive/Responsive Web Design
- Where responsive design fits in an adaptive web design strategy
- Other techniques that are a part of an adaptive web design strategy
- How/when to pick from the various available strategies
- Introduction to layouts with CSS Flexbox