Tools help us create beautiful, usable experiences for devices. However, they can also get in the way of creativity; designers and developers sometimes spend more time thinking about process, software, and tools than making. In this talk, Catt will discuss reasons we get distracted by process and tools, why stepping away from process and tools can be helpful, as well as methods to focus more on getting things done.
To help people worry less and create more.
Designers and developers
Five things audience members will learn
- Reasons people get distracted by tools and processes.
- Why pausing conversations about tools and processes can be helpful.
- How to stop being distracted by the “how”.
- Methods to focus more on getting things done.
- When it’s okay to discuss processes and tools.