Micro-sites need not apply! It’s great fun to be able to build something totally from scratch using the latest and greatest frameworks available. But what about those legacy sites that have been around longer than your career in development? How can we update and maintain these sites in a way that keeps you excited about the process? Anne will dive into ways to keep your wits about you when navigating ancient code and how to chip away without blowing the entire thing up. Additionally, this talk will also cover how to prevent these issues if you are working on a new site that you know will be around for some time.
Gain confidence and strategies when working on sites that will be around for a good long while.
Developers who are working on legacy projects and building larger codebases
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What is technical debt and how can we avoid it in the first place?
- How to get buy-in from senior decision-makers when making large changes
- Implementing design patterns to make life easier on a large team
- Ways to approach documentation (that isn’t painful)
- Benefits of code style guides and how to get teams to use them