Rob Spence is a filmmaker living with a prosthetic camera eye. As a pioneering Eyeborg, he has a unique perspective on the present of future of cybernetic visual enhancements. He will give us a tour of his experience, and a look at the state of the art. Right now, they are primarily for restoring vision but where might they go in the future?
Talk about the future of machine augmented vision
Those interested in how our personal visual data will work in the future.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How the Eyeborg camera works.
- Current state of visual cybernetics.
- What its like when you have an eye camera.
- The connection between science fiction and science.
- About the tension between the right to privacy and the right to have a cyborg eye.