Jessica will profile Nervous System’s efforts to revolutionize product design through generative techniques, 3d-printing and interactivity. Along the way, she’ll take several long detours into the realms of natural pattern formation, simulation and biology. Her talk will focus on some of Nervous System’s latest projects including a 4D printing technique that creates complex, foldable forms for 3D printing and an exploration into the morphogenesis of plants.
Demonstrate new possibilities in generative design and digital fabrication.
Designers, makers, and creative coders.
Five things audience members will learn
- How nature can serve as a paradigm for better design software.
- What happens when a biologist/architect and a mathematician/computer scientist collaborate.
- What flowers, leaves and sea slugs have in common.
- So what’s so great about 3D printing anyways?
- 4D printing – hear it here first.