Now that we have the tools to superpower our layouts, we can start to reimagine how we approach art direction and design on the web. By taking advantage of technologies, some new and some overlooked, we can create a progressively-enhanced design that’s powered by feature queries; one that’s localized for an increasingly global audience.
In this talk drawn from her work for Slack and other properties, Mina walks through her process for enhancing design and shows how little changes lead to big design payoffs.
Learn how a shift in perspective can lead to more inclusive and innovative designs.
Designers and engineers
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How to build accessible and inclusive web interfaces
- How to approach a design from a global, non-western view
- How design systems can be leveraged creatively
- How to create a default user experience
- How to start a pair designing workflow