In July 2018, after 12 years of growing and leading the design practice at a successful agency Matt decided to step away and focus on product on a much deeper scale, so he set out to have as many conversations as he could with great product companies. What Matt uncovered was the real difference between agency and product, how to tailor his approach to his own work, and how to re-define the way he evaluated design leadership. In this talk, Matt will share some of those learning techniques that can anyone can use as they make the jump from agency to product, or back again.
Learn the nuances between design at an agency and a product company, and walk away with techniques that can help you hone in on either one.
Anyone in design thinking of making a move between agency and product.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How to make the jump between agency and product a lot smoother
- How to tailor your portfolio for the kind of work you want, at any level
- Some key evaluation criteria for designers and design leadership
- The real nuances between design at and agency and designing a product
- How to define your values as a designer, and why that’s so important