At the heart of a well-architected web application there should be a clear separation between the user interface (the “view”), the business logic (the “controller”) and the driving data behind it (the “model”).
Pearl Chen uses Angular to build interactive data visualizations; she does this to both tell stories with data, and to find the truth in datasets. Aptly, a guiding principle around MVC architecture is: “The model is the truth.”
In this session, Pearl will break down how she structured a few of her visualizations, and how Angular helped her find “MVC zen”.
Show how model-driven app architecture makes for cleaner code.
Web designers, web developers, data story tellers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Beyond Angular 101 knowledge
Five things audience members will learn
- Model-view-controller basics
- How Angular views, controllers, directives and filters can work together with concrete examples
- How a simple Angular example compares to the same thing written in jQuery
- Basics of designing and developing an interactive data visualization
- Tips for optimizing CSS and JS for smooth graphics performance