As an adolescent, Saad developed a fascination with using animation and design as forms of escapism. In recent years Saad has begun looking into ways in which he can use his creative work not only to escape, but to also start conversations and explore meaning. In this talk Saad will discuss the different opportunities creative individuals have to influence culture through the work they create, and will share some of his pursuits towards making work that is both enjoyable and meaningful.
Discuss how meaningful and serious subject matter can become more accessible when it is designed, articulated or framed as something enjoyable.
Creatives and makers interested in producing work that talks about issues close to them
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How working with issues close to ones identity can shape their creative work
- The importance of balancing meaning and messaging against other factors
- How meaning shifts across different creative media
- The weight and affect creative work can have culturally
- How to talk about difficult and complex issues without alienating others