This virtual half-day workshop will be held on Tuesday October 17 and requires registration. Details to come shortly.
The Enhance Fullstack Workshop is designed for developers. You will learn how to build a full-stack web application (client and server) using Enhance powered by Node.js, and AWS. You’ll leave with the skills required to construct multi-page dynamic web apps that leverage the platform while avoiding so-called “modern” tools that layer on complexity and unnecessary weight.
You’ll start by learning about Enhance’s HTML first approach, how it works, and what problems it helps you avoid. Then you’ll proceed through several hands-on learning activities for building a modern web application complete with a UI built from web components, a serverless API layer, and a cloud-managed database.
Learn how to build and deploy a full-stack modern cloud application using web standards and cloud primitives.
The workshop is highly practical and mainly targeted to web developers who want to learn modern full-stack development techniques.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Leveraging HTML-first (i.e. Progressive Enhancement) development to build rock-solid web applications
- Building reusable UI components that leverage the web platform (Web Components)
- Working with cloud primitives to create server-side APIs for providing data to your client application and the handling of static assets
- Handling authentication with sessions
Beginner – Intermediate
Each attendee is required to bring their own laptop equipped with at least the following software configuration:
– A CLI, Terminal (Mac OS) or Command Prompt/Power Shell (Windows)
– An IDE of their choice that they are most comfortable with (VS Code highly recommended)