As voice user interfaces (VUIs) continue to emerge as a dominant new user interface, designers are experimenting with voice interaction over the traditional screen based UI. At TribalScale, they’ve seen quick success in the space building on Amazon Alexa and Google Home for brands like the PGA Tour, CBC, and Nascar. Mitch Seguin, head of product and design at TribalScale will walk you through what a VUI is and how to rethink the UI for a non-visual medium. Mitch will discuss learnings in this transition from traditional user interface to conversational interaction and demo some VUI work throughout.
To expose the audience to a new world of UIs in the conversational, voice controlled era.
Designers interested in experimenting with emerging UIs.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What is a voice user interface
- Emerging VUI platforms and how they differ
- How designing for VUIs differs from traditional interfaces
- How conversational interfaces create a more human experience
- What the future of the UI could look like