One-on-one meetings between you and your manager are the most important meetings you will have at work. These are the meetings where you set your career goals and chart a course to get there. This is where you and your manager identify, tackle, and make plans to remove blockers, friction and anything that is getting in the way of your talent and growth. What is more important than that, to you and to the company?
So, how do you have one-on-ones that don’t waste everyone’s time?
You tackle them like you would tackle any other experience design problem.
Taking from his research and experience leading teams, Farai Madzima will share a new framework along with practical tips that both managers and individual contributors can use to have effective one-on-one conversations that unlock potential and unblock the path to growth.
Learn how to have effective one-on-one meetings that are great for you, your team, and the company.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Why good one-on-ones are important for your career
- Why the best one-on-ones are driven by inclusion
- How to set up and run an effective one-on-one whether remote or physical
- The kinds of conversations that should happen in a one-on-one
- What to avoid in a one-on-one meeting
Managers and individual contributors