Motion design isn’t just After Effects animation – and it certainly isn’t just animating supers on commercials anymore. The medium has evolved into what Erin lovingly calls “mixed media” – everything from 2d animation to cel, 3d, VFX, compositing, colour correction, design-driven editorial… and yes, even live action production. In her presentation, Erin will share a variety of work, driven by concept and executed with passion. The projects range from big Marvel Studios main-on-end sequences to comedy-driven main titles… and from traditional commercials to short social media pieces. She will even break down a project from pitch to delivery, sharing its key milestones and some of the decision-making process. The common thread to Sarofsky’s work is that it is design-driven; that guiding principal will guide the discussion.
- To give attendees a broad overview of the skills and tools necessary to be a top-notch motion designer, from basic working tips, to how concept plays a role in fuelling design.
- To share fun, inside stories from behind-the-scenes that make or break projects.
- Motion designers at all levels: People looking to be inspired
- Designers and creative thinkers who are interested in production, but aren’t sure where to begin
- Anyone looking to become intimately familiar with the production process
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How general design principles are the foundation of even the most high-profile projects
- How concept is also the backbone to a successful job
- An overview of all the skillsets involved in motion graphics
- The complexities and “gotchas” of design, live action and motion graphics processes
- Details of the pitch process all the way through job delivery