Continuous delivery is an approach to building software in which value is added in short cycles and in such a manner that the application can be deployed at any moment. Continuous delivery aligns naturally with Agile methodologies such as Scrum. Achieving true continuous delivery can be challenging, however. I will talk about our experience with moving to continuous delivery at Rangle.io, describing the different technical and organizational solutions that we had to put in place.
Explain the value of continuous delivery and the concrete steps needed to achieve it.
Developers, testers, scrum masters / project managers.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Basic understanding of git.
Five things audience members will learn
- The benefits of continuous delivery
- How continuous delivery aligns with Scrum
- The role of continuous integration
- How to do testing to optimize for continuous delivery
- How to do continuous deployment