Experiential marketing sometimes feels like a palatable buzzword that reduces the potential for truly innovative experience to the flavour of the week. Brands think as far as they can google and we don’t budget on the value of hunches, so your good ideas die in your journal and you find yourself adding drop shadows to “make it pop” for the fourth time this week. Our projects can be more interesting than a regurgitated Pinterest board of last year’s Superbowl commercials. The hard part is convincing someone to climb into a catapult for their own good.
Looking at recent works in creative technology, this talk will look at techniques for creating interactive experiences in spaces with no industry precedent.
Those with a desire to create.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Identifying and diagnosing invisible problems
- Taking gambles on your hunches
- Creating best practices for new technology
- Choosing your tools (and breaking the ones you’re stuck with)
- What to do when last week you were right, but this week you’re wrong