A.I. is poised to disrupt countless industries, and film production is no exception. This behind the scenes look at dynamic filmmaking will take the audience through the exciting, mysterious, and often painful process of innovating in new entertainment formats.
Pietro Gagliano is an Emmy-award-winning interactive filmmaker, and founder of Transitional Forms, a new content studio focused on using AI to move creativity forward. In this talk, Pietro will share his team’s journey behind “Agence”, an immersive film co-produced by the National Film Board of Canada. The film’s story and characters are driven by a series of algorithms paired with user agency, attempting to create a truly dynamic narrative with a mind of its own.
To showcase the behind the scenes of a project that attempts to use bleeding edge tech to tell a simple, timeless story.
Technologists and creatives interested in dynamic filmmaking and creative artificial intelligence
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Practical knowledge taken from one studio’s iterative process to dynamic filmmaking (the fine line between games and films)
- Insights into the rapidly evolving field of creative artificial intelligence
- Inspiration and confidence to pursue big ideas
- High level understanding of the types of AI that can be used for interactive games and films
- How user agency can affect emergent narrative