Note that this workshop is offered on the post-event workshop day on Nov 16th and therefore is only available to those who have ‘The Works’ or the ‘ Workshop’ ticket.
Clearly, the mobile computing space is extremely hot with fierce competition. We are finding that some of the most innovative technology solutions are being implemented primarily as mobile experiences and both the consumer and commercial markets have responded positively to these mobile solutions. With the introduction of Windows Phone 7 Codename Mango as well as the upcoming next version of Windows (codename Windows 8), Microsoft is making a concerted effort to deliver a platform where you as a developer or designer can create the most compelling, immersive and touch-enabled experience in the market. In this workshop, we will introduce you to Microsoft’s new mobile platforms, how to create awesome apps on them and how to effectively market those apps in our Marketplace ecosystem.
As an added bonus, each attendee will be given a windows 7 phone to keep.
What the Workshop will Cover:
Windows Phone 7 Codename Mango
- Overview of Windows Phone 7 Codename Mango
- Getting Set Up: Where to Get the Development Tools and Registering on the App Hub
- Building Apps with Mango Features
- Camera Access
- Local Database
- Fast Application Switching
- Using Agents
- Push Notifications
- Using Launchers and Choosers in your apps
- Building an XNA Game in Mango
- Details will be released after September when Microsoft provides details on how to build apps for the platform
Pre-work: To get and install the free tools to develop for Mango, click here.
If you want to sign up as a registered developer on the Windows Phone 7 App Hub (required to publish apps to the Marketplace), click here
To keep prices this low, this workshop is bring-your-own-laptop.