Half a decade into the explosion of machine learning and pretty much everyone has heard of it; it’s the Next Big Thing. But the way most buzzword enthusiasts talk about it & approach it, machine learning so far has only taken the human further out of the equation. But what if it could be so much more participatory?
As an abstraction layer, machine learning has the power to fundamentally change how we interact with our computers. This will enable more dynamic & natural expression, new mediums, and entirely new ways of thinking.
In this talk, I’ll walk through that reasoning, show you other artists, designers, scientists, & engineers’ work already pushing this thought further, and show you the tools I’ve found that will let you start experimenting on your own to incorporate these ideas into your own practice directly.
Convince creative people that machine learning can be a truly powerful creative tool, rather than just an eye-roll-inducing buzzword topic.
Designers, engineers, and creative people
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Understand how machine learning can enable your creativity rather than displace it
- See other artists, designers, scientists, & engineers’ work already pushing the medium further
- Discover cutting edge new tools at this forefront
- Learn how other expressive tools have historically enabled new mediums
- How to incorporate this practically into your practice