FITC Toronto 2016
April 17-19, 2016 • Hilton Toronto
Level-Up Interactive Installation RFP
Main Installation at FITC Toronto
FITC is looking for the main interactive installation for our annual FITC Toronto event. This installation should fit our theme ‘Level-Up’ and be something spectacular, interactive and playful.
- Deadline for replies to this RFP by Friday, January 15, 2016
- Winner will be selected and notified by Friday, January 22, 2016
The winning proposal will receive the following:
- $5,000 Canadian + $10,000 sponsorship package;
- Dedicated press release about the installation and your company;
- Your company listed as ‘Installation Sponsor’ of FITC Toronto;
- Six (6) conference passes;
- Logo in marketing/advertising material;
- Full-page colour advertising space in conference program;
- Logo in conference program under sponsors section;
- Logo in sponsorship area of FITC website;
- Reserved space in attendee swag bag for promotional insert or giveaway;
- Inclusion of logo in pre and post event e-mail blast to attendees.
Level Up: Gamification of Conference Experience Through Interactivity
This year’s conference will feature a system in place for attendees to interact with speakers, exhibitors, various conference activities and each other, which will lead to gathering points and unlocking accomplishments.
The conference itself will become a large game, encouraging attendees to ‘Level-Up’ to enhance their conference experience.
We’ve decided to go with a browser based web-app solution, using the well-known Android ‘swipe-to-unlock’ 9 dot interface. It contains:
- Ability to print custom codes
- Ability to track interactions
- Ability to display a leaderboard
- A personal dashboard via a web-app that will display points, badges, and other info
- A simple unlock screen to interact with activities and people which works across all platforms (mobile and laptop)
For the installation FITC will provide 15’ x 15’ space in the middle of the conference common area. The installation itself should be playful and interactive, and related to the main theme of ‘Level-Up’. Creative assets will be provided, if required.
A few additional points to consider:
- You have up to 18’ of vertical space for your installation.
- Set-up will take place the day before the conference and you will have 10 hours for the setup (if more time is required, please indicate in your proposal).
- Tear-down will take place immediately after the end of the conference and you will have 4 hours for the teardown (if more time is required, please indicate in your proposal).
- You will have access to a loading dock.
- Power and internet will be provided, if required.
An important element to consider – For attendees to participate in your installation, they will need to gather points through interactions with various elements of the conference. To start, everyone will have one opportunity to interact with your installation but further “play” will require points (similar to playing an arcade game, where you need credits to play the game).
- To curate and encourage meaningful attendee interactions
- To gather behavioural data
- To meet other like-minded attendees
- To create a fun, interactive experience for everyone
- To be playful
- To participate/play the interactive installation!
Contact or Questions?
Please complete and submit the proposal by Friday, January 15, 2016. You can send the proposal as well as any inquiries to Shawn Pucknell / firstname.lastname@example.org