Article by Sarah Rix.
Who: Mick Ebeling (@mickteg)
What: Philanthropist, CEO & founder of The Ebeling Group, film/television/commercial producer, entrepreneur, and inventor
Why: A TED speaker and USA Network Top 10 Cultural Trailblazer, with an engaging presence, an inspiring story, and plenty of ideas. Ebeling will recount the lessons learned from his invention of the EyeWriter (a device that helped a paralyzed artist draw with just the movement of his eyes,) reveal the prototypes of his newest health inventions, and share his latest project.
- His 2011 TED Talk – “The Invention That Unlocked a Locked-In Artist” – has been called one of their best & most inspiring
- Time Magazine named the EyeWriter one of the 50 best inventions of 2010
- Ebeling co-founded the non-profit The Not Impossible Foundation. Its mission reads:
We are radical collaborators dedicated to creating low-cost, DIY open-source solutions for real people with real needs. We give away what we do because changing one life can change many.
- The Ebeling Group created the graphics for the Will Ferrell film, Stranger Than Fiction
- He was nominated for a Grammy in 2009 for the Jack White/Alicia Keys video, “Another Way to Die“
- Find out more on the EyeWriter
- We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again – you should really watch his TED Talk
Originally published on nxne.com.