This talk will cover taking an existing Cue PWA and wrapping it as a native app – while adding custom mobile-only features (e.g. push). We’ll also touch on PWA performance, and what changes in a hybrid context.
For many the hybrid/cordova build process is complicated and frustrating – getting a successful build requires dependencies and configs that are not well documented, and never mind cloning to a new machine. We’ll use the corber CLI, which integrates with your existing Ember/Vue/React PWA, adding a unified build pipeline for hybrid, on-device live reload, error checking, improved clone/plugins support and splash/icons. Most importantly, the CLI will not change your existing web only environment.
Basic Vue is all that is required
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How are hybrid apps constructed / how do they work?
- How to wrap an existing PWA to hybrid.
- Performance considerations when wrapping a PWA
- Adding mobile only features, such as push
- Splitting mobile-only code from PWA code