Motion/gesture recognition and control technology allows us to manipulate our digital content with natural and intuitive interactions. Chris Goodine, an expert in the area of human-computer interaction, will highlight how motion/gesture technology will change the way people interact with computers and will explain the resulting benefits to productivity and technology adoption. He will discuss the current landscape of solutions, including the Leap Motion, Microsoft Kinect, and Thalmic Labs Myo armband, and will dive deep into the how these technologies work. From there, Chris will discuss where he believes motion/gesture technology is headed, based on current trends and technological capabilities.
Deep dive into motion/gesture recognition and control technology.
Five things audience members will learn
- What is motion/gesture recognition and control?
- Why is this technology so important?
- What solutions are available today?
- How does motion/gesture technology work?
- Where will motion/gesture technology be in the future?