A style guide is a great collaboration tool to bridge communication gaps between business stakeholders, designers, and developers. Static or living style guides are a great place to start but become increasingly difficult to maintain because style guide generators are dependent on parsing comments in CSS in order to generate HTML patterns and documentation. In short, there is no single source of truth for the HTML leading to maintainability problems. In this session we will discover creating a truly reusable module through the creation of a pattern API.
Technologies discussed include Node, Angular, React, Component, and Sass (Libsass).
Five things audience members will learn
- Modular template patterns
- Dependency management and versioning per module
- Turning modules into the “single source of truth” through a module API
- How to call the API to create a style guide
- How to call the API to create templates and pages within an application