In this presentation, Kent English will strip away the mystery and show you how to get started by taking a very simple example and iteratively adding on commonly needed features. By the end, you will have the confidence to go forth and start bringing your own data to life.
To show how the basic building blocks of D3.js fit together.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five things audience members will learn
- How to generate a basic chart
- How to work with data from an external source (such as a CSV file)
- How to annotate a chart (with a legend, for example)
- How to harness mouse events
- How to get fancy with interactivity and animation