Note that this ALL day workshop is offered on the pre-event workshop day on Thurs Nov 8 and therefore is only available to those who have ‘The Works’ or the ‘Workshop’ ticket.
During this workshop we will cover:
– How to install tools for HTML5 game development.
– Introduction to Game Design, Game Theory and Web Gaming.
– Introduction to Impact.
– Making a game with Impact.
– Game Asset generation with free open source tools.
– Working with inheritance, animation and sound in Impact.
– Optimization techniques for getting the highest performance possible.
– Input (mouse/keyboard, touch and controller).
– Tips for building Modern UI games for Windows 8.
– Deployment strategies and distribution on Windows 8 Store.
Workshop attendees will get a free non-commercial license of Impact JS along with documentation and lesson source code. It is recommended that you have Windows 8, Apache and PHP installed prior to the workshop in order to run the code examples and follow along. If you are unable to get the following installed, we will cover setup and you can follow along or run the code examples after the workshop.