Every hour of every day, the battle rages on for our attention. We’re constantly bombarded with media and advertising, and every app, commercial, and cinematic universe DEMANDS our full attention. But that’s a finite resource—we can only read/watch/play so much in a day.
This fills content publishers with dread—most often the answer is to grab as much attention as possible and hold on to it for as long as you can. But like any scarce natural resource, this can lead to disastrous global effects. We know this. We can do better.
To explore the larger issue and then examine some effective approaches to audience engagement that maintain a high moral standard, and treat audiences as humans, not statistics.
Storytellers, interactive scriptwriters, game designers, experience designers, advertisers
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- How much content is out there?
- How can I direct audiences to find my content?
- Are all content platforms created equal?
- What’s the hopeful, utopian future of our media landscape?
- What’s the Black Mirror version?