Learn about persistent, offline storage in JS and why it’s so much more than localStorage. Browser support for complex storage APIs is here; even if your storage needs are simple, you can leverage faster, async APIs to greatly improve your app’s performance.
Web app developers, Phone Gap developers and secondary front-end web developers.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Some knowledge of localStorage and other offline APIs will be helpful.
Five things audience members will learn
- How to handle storing files and large amounts of data offline
- When to use which kind of storage API
- How to deal with saving structured data
- How to create an app that can be loaded entirely offline
- Performance increases and trade-offs associated with offline storage