The latest CSS features landing in our browsers promise a revolution for responsive design. With container queries, we can look at the size of a component and adapt layout accordingly, perhaps using subgrid to allow those components to align to an overall grid. Media features allow us to work out how a user is interacting with our app, and the preferences they have set around things like motion.
In this talk, Rachel Andrew will take a look at what is available right now across browsers, and what is just around the corner. She’ll also dive into plenty of information about browser support to help you adopt new things with confidence.
Understand the CSS layout and responsive design landscape.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What is already available in browsers.
- What new things are expected to land in the next few months.
- How to support older browsers.
- How new responsive techniques can help users.
- CSS tip and tricks for common components.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
General CSS & HTML