“Speak up! We want to hear from you more.”
“You need to be more assertive.”
“You really should have said something.”
Many of us have heard these types of statements at some point in our careers. But for some, getting comfortable being loud isn’t purely about building confidence – it’s about overcoming years of bias.
In this talk, we’ll discuss the myth of the “Model Minority”, how it impacts the voices of those in the Asian American and Pacific Islander communities, and what we can do about it.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What is the “Model Minority” myth?
- How the myth impacts communication styles
- Its effect on career growth
- How leaders can enable more inclusive collaboration
- Specific tactics you can start using today
Design leaders, team members, basically everyone!