“Game over” is probably the best wake-up call in a creative career. Why should you choose a job and stick to it until retirement if you don’t feel it anymore? f*ck that!
From a very comfortable position as a developer for Bose Europe, Xavier dropped it all to work on his own.. except he also decided to change the nature of his job at the same time: from senior flash developer to photographer… with no experience.
Listen to his story of how he decided to surf on the edge between work and passion, the bad times, the challenges and finally how working on personal projects got him to the point where is making a living as a full time photographer today.
Inspire people to take a chance and follow a career, closer to who they are, than who they think they should be, and demonstrating how failure is the best fuel to success.
Everyone. Especially the people afraid of taking risks, or are passionate about visuals. Designers, photographers, filmmakers.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Give yourself goals so high that they look inaccessible
- If you think too much about what could happen, just remember we’ll all gonna die eventually
- Game Over is way more interesting than success, you should fail often
- How to start photography, filmmaking or anything else from scratch
- Focus on emotion and experience rather than the image itself