Note that this is a Pre-Festival Workshop Day (Sun Oct 21), and therefore is only available to those who have ‘The Works’ ticket, or the ‘Pre-Festival Workshop’ ticket.
This fast-paced workshop takes you step-by-step through a “typical” Flash animation project, giving you hands-on experience at each phase of the production. Based on their upcoming book “Flash Animation Techniques” authors Tim Jones, Barry Kelly, Allan Rosson and Dave Wolfe mix lecture and lab time to give you both a good understanding of the overall process and an opportunity try some of the techniques first hand. The workshop will go from 10-5 and will include:
• The Project Plan
• Character Libraries
• Setting Up Your FLA
• Animation (frame by frame)
• Animation (tween)
• Flash & After Effects
– Laptop computer (Windows or Mac) with WiFi, 802.11b/g capability*
– Notebook and pen or pencil
* It is HIGHLY recommended that you have a laptop for this workshop. The instructors will be supplying workshop exercises on CD as well as emailing out a link for download. It is not required that you have a laptop, but having one will enhance your experience with the workshop. The lab does not provide these devices.
* The following software should be installed on each attendee’s laptop. Trial versions are acceptable-just make sure any trial version has enough time remaining for the two days of the workshop. Instructors cannot “redo” any trial installations that have expired.
– Flash CS3 Professional:
– After Effects CS3 Professional:
Session notes and files will be available after the conference at: http://www.flashsupport.com/fitc
Who this workshop is for:
Flash animators and producers.
What attendees will walk away with:
A good understanding of the character animation process and how Flash can impact – and be impacted by – each of the major phases of production.
Rich Media Institute