Films and games present us with meticulously crafted worlds that entertain, inspire and challenge our ideas of what’s possible. But what is it about these imagined worlds that make us believe in them and how can we as designers apply these insights to solve real world challenges?
This talk examines the relationship between art, science and visual design in the pursuit of building authentic worlds, and explores the beautiful complexity and diversity that underpins emotionally engaging futures.
To inspire and excite! To illustrate the relevance of real and imagined universes to our work as artists and designers.
Anyone interested in exploring fresh approaches to creative storytelling.
Five things audience members will learn
- Crafting credible worlds.
- The role of visual design in realizing tech dreams and world visions.
- The art and science of empathy.
- Working with authenticity.
- The power of collaborative relationships.