Thirty-five years after the release of the original “Blade Runner,” the visual effects team behind Denis Villeneuve’s “Blade Runner 2049” was tasked with the challenge of crafting a dystopian world in the next phase of one of the most-beloved sci-fi films of all time. From the Las Vegas, and Trash Mesa environments, to the development of a holographic Joi, join Adrien Saint Girons from Framestore as he discusses the Academy-Award winning work that paid tribute to the original picture while creating a film of the future.
The objective is to provide participants with a behind-the-scenes footage and accounts which otherwise would not be disclosed.
Anyone interested in film and VFX.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Creative & technical process behind the creation of the Las Vegas and Trash Mesa environments
- Development of Holographic Joi
- Combining different creative mediums with CG, models/backdrops/sets
- Paying tribute to the original film
- Integrating VFX work in an overall subtle manner