Join us for this intimate and interactive half-day ONLINE workshop that will run from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. EDT.
This hands-on workshop gives participants a deep dive into AI, machine learning, and emerging technology, through the lens of human-centered design. This approach provides individuals and teams a repeatable and scalable toolkit that can be applied to building better AI-enabled solutions.
The program, delivered by the author of the AI Product Design Handbook, is intended for those involved with bringing disruptive digital products and services to market. Participants will walk away with a set of tools, methods, and frameworks focused on applying these technologies to customer and organizational problems.
Past participants of this workshop include design and product leaders from: Spotify, RBC, TELUS, Saks, Desjardins, Scotiabank, Bell, Equifax and many others. The program is created for designers, product leaders, and UX strategists looking to understand and leverage the power of AI.
“Thanks again for the workshop, it helped me understand how my role in product relates to the technical aspects of AI and predictive tools that we use as an organization. I’m looking forward to sharing some of the tools you introduced with my team as we continue our transformation journey. Love the chocolate chip cookie example!”
Jason, Director of Product, Bell
Participants will leave the workshop with a deep understanding of AI & machine learning, along with new tools, methods and frameworks for a human-centered approach to these powerful technologies. This includes AI-specific ideation tactics, validation strategies, and an introduction to responsible AI design.
UX designers, product managers/directors, product designers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Audience Members Will Learn
- Gain confidence speaking about AI and its use cases (machine learning, deep learning, narrow vs. general)
- Be able to understand design patterns and use cases for AI products, services, and platforms
- Understand AI design and validation methods (such as a confusion matrix) and how to apply them
- Have a toolkit with frameworks for AI-focused ideation and overcoming technical barriers (toolkit includes several canvas tools, ideation deck, and program workbook)
- Understand the ethical and business impacts of data bias on AI and machine learning algorithms
Needed to Participate
Chrome on a desktop or laptop with audio/video capabilities