Gear 360 is Samsung’s first 360-degree camera that empowers you to unleash your inner filmmaker. With a simple press of a button, you can capture the world around you, from every angle, all at once. Share your experiences instantly via social applications like Samsung VR, Facebook and YouTube or fully immerse yourself in the memories you’ve created by snapping your phone into a Samsung Gear VR headset.
In this technical workshop, you’ll get hands-on time with the Gear 360. Join us as we cover basic principles and best practices for filming in 360, including how to capture video, edit and publish using the Gear 360. Bring your laptop, curiosity and appetite – lunch is on us!
All creators welcome – web developers, game developers, designers, filmmakers, photographers, artists, VR enthusiasts, and everyone in between.
Projective Space L.E.S. 72 Allen Street 3rd Floor New York, NY 10002
- Introduction to 360 video principles and terminology
- Introduction to Gear 360
- Using the Gear 360 App Manager
- Tips, tricks and best practices for filming in 360
- Hands-on 360 video shoot with direction
- Gear 360 stitching / editing work flow
- Gear 360 publishing work flow
- 360 Content review and examples in Gear VR
Samsung will lend Gear 360 cameras, Galaxy devices and additional accessories necessary for completing the workshop. Students are expected to bring the following:
- Personal laptop
- Mac OS X
- Windows 7+ (recommended)
- Mac OS X with virtual machine running Windows 7+
- Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge (optional)
To participate in post-production workflows, students will need to download and install one of the following application(s):
- Gear 360 ActionDirector (license will be provided) – Link
Mac OS X / Windows
- Adobe Premiere Pro and Adobe After Effects
- Mettle SkyBox Studio for Adobe After Effects: Link