We're no longer seeking applications - thanks!
Working at FITC has been fun and challenging. I have met a lot of awesome people and had the chance to be a part of and support a community which has taught me a whole lot. I’m moving on and before I go, I’m on a mission to find the right person to take the reins and manage the conversation at FITC.
FITC isn't an ordinary company and ‘manager of conversation’ certainly isn't an ordinary position.
This job is a mash-up of community management, marketing and public relations. The manager of conversation is in touch with FITC’s attendees, speakers, sponsors, supporters, media and the technology and design community. The role requires someone social, dynamic, articulate, organized, hungry to learn and passionate of about design and technology.
FITC produces upwards of 15 design and technology focused events all over the world annually. These are all thought up and planned out with a small team and in a small downtown Toronto office with a casual atmosphere.
- Develop and execute event specific and brand-related digital marketing strategies.
- Manage various social networks for a number of events, from strategy to execution.
- Provide digital marketing direction and strategy to clients and event partners.
- Manage all in-kind cross-promotional agreements.
- Retain and recruit new partners.
- Execute media relations before, during and after events.
- Reach out to the design and tech community to promote FITC events and speaking opportunities.
- Manage FITC ambassadors.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant tech news, events and topics which impacts FITC events, topics and speakers.
- Assist onsite at events as needed.
- Experience in public relations, communications and/or marketing.
- Strong writing skills, from copywriting to editing.
- Experience in social media and marketing strategy.
- Ability to write and edit HTML.
- Ability to do simple work in Illustrator and Photoshop (ex. resizing images).
- Project and/or campaign management.
- Must have strong research skills.
- Must be sociable!
- Must be presentable. That doesn't mean a suit.
- Must have a valid passport and the ability to travel when required.
- Drivers licence and access to a car.
Email your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com. Bonus points for creativity – tell me who you are in the most creative way you know how.
You can learn more about FITC at fitc.ca/about