Inclusivity and FITC
At FITC, we believe that including a diverse range of voices at our events makes them better, stronger, more inclusive, and more fun. Our current definition of diversity includes people of any gender, including identity and expression; sexual orientation; disabilities, mental or physical; physical appearance, including but not limited to body size; ethnicity/culture; personal expression; and beliefs – religious, political or otherwise. Having these voices on our stages, on our volunteer teams, and in our audiences allow us all to grow through hearing a variety of experiences, stories, and viewpoints.
What is the Shopify Diversity Scholarship Program?
The scholarship consists of 100 complimentary conference tickets to Spotlight UX, an online event on December 8, 2020.
- We will be selecting the top 100 entries for complimentary conference tickets.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- If you’re under 18, and part of a class or community group who are looking to attend an FITC event, please reach out to [email protected]
- Must agree to follow our code of conduct
- This program is aimed at those who are unable to secure a ticket through their company, or unable to afford a ticket themselves.
- Applications close on December 1, 2020
Presented by Shopify
Shopify’s multidisciplinary and diverse UX team is over 450 strong, and made up of product designers, researchers, UX developers, content strategists, and communication designers, but it’s also home to industrial designers, taxonomists, and accessibility experts. We’re dedicated to empowering commerce at a global scale. We’re digital by default, meaning we’re hiring all around the world. We build products that help people start, manage, and scale their businesses.
- Shift perspective
- Dimensionalize thinking
- Awaken consciousness
- Excite the molecules of ambassadorship and partnerships
All personal information collected from applicants will only be reviewed by the staff of FITC, and will never be shared with anyone or made public. We are bound by/in compliance with the Canadian Privacy Act, and treat all personal information with the utmost respect and confidentiality. Submissions will be reviewed by a panel of judges with names and personal information removed. Top submissions may be showcased online, or during the event, with personal information removed unless otherwise granted by the individual. By applying for the scholarship you consent to the above, and to receive emails from FITC, including current and future event information and notifications.
Drop us an email