We’ve seen the release of a variety of interesting electronic textile DIY platforms and a boom in consumer wearable gadgets that include self trackers and mobile phone peripherals. But what’s missing? And what’s coming next? This talk will explore the conceptual, technical, and contextual valleys that exist between the current peaks of development in the emerging field of wearable technology.
To challenge people to think about the bigger picture
People working in or curious about wearables
Assumed Audience Knowledge
It’s assumed that they have some interest in wearables but not much beyond that.
Five things audience members will learn
- How to think creatively about wearable tech
- What sort of tools are available for prototyping
- To think about where wearables are going and how they will affect the way we interact with each other
- What’s happening at OCADU’s Social Body Lab
- How they can make or imagine wearables of their own