We now count page load times in fractions of a second, and speed can effect everything from your search engine rankings to your bounce rates and your bottom line. Learn how to get the most out of your compression tools, how to take advantage of changing browser and network capabilities, how to decide when bigger is actually better, and how to avoid common speed traps.
Develop a better understanding of how to deliver our web content to users faster (or at least make them think we are).
Intermediate to advanced web developers
Assumed Audience Knowledge
At least basic front end development skills.
Five things audience members will learn
- Tips to reduce your graphic size while retaining quality
- How to use psychology to make your site “feel” faster
- Ways to optimize your network connections (and pitfalls to avoid)
- An understanding of load orders and browser limitations
- Some practical ideas of how to put all these pieces together