The web is a diverse medium yet much of what we see on it are simple text documents. In some ways this is a tragedy, largely because of the huge opportunity available to us on this global, increasingly powerful platform. There are many challenges in the way of creating rich experiences on the web, not least of which is the increasing complexity of the platform. While new features enable more amazing experiences they also make it more difficult to master. In this session CJ will show how this tale of despair for a richer Web can be one of hope. By embracing new ways to build and create Web experiences we can simplify previous complex and tedious workflows.
The web is becoming a complex platform, in this session you’ll explore new features and how to better navigate this complexity in the future.
Web designers and developers.
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five things audience members will learn
- How the web is evolving from a simple document platform
- The web’s relationship with native platforms
- What new features are enabling richer web experiences.
- Where to find examples and get started making rich web experiences
- How to build rich web experiences in the future