One of the greatest benefits of the JAMstack approach is leveraging APIs and pre-built markup techniques to scale sites that serve data from complex, specialized systems. When building a new website or application, it is likely that the data being sent and received is ultimately going to end up coming from and going to a variety of different databases, networks and clouds. The Headless architecture is a recurring theme that is changing many different verticals in cloud computing. Headless is at the foundation of how cloud-based systems are being architected, from enabling content creation efficiencies with today’s Headless CMS’s, to building a consistent cross-platform retail experiences for iconic brands with Headless e-Commerce.
This session is going to shed light on the fundamentals driving the underlying shift toward Headless system architectures, and how techniques like microservices, coupled with powerful static-site generators and high-performance CDNs are making it easier to build best-in-class websites for everything from small, speciality sites to some of the highest traffic sites in the world.
Web developers, beginners to JAMstack
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Understanding what Headless means in the context of modern cloud systems
- How static-site-generators allow you to leverage pre-built markup and it’s benefits
- Understanding what CDNs do and how JAMstack leverages them more than previous approaches
- Who is benefiting from JAMstack sites today
- How to get started using Headless CMS for content-driven websites