Building and nurturing a flourishing design culture at scale is hard. All designers have unique skillsets and personalities, and it’s vital for design leaders to be able to identify their strengths and weaknesses, help designers grow and evolve professionally, while partnering them in a meaningful way to complement each other’s strengths. This talk is about how they’re doing it at Capital ONE Design, and the framework that they’re working on to guide us along the way.
Help designers evolve their skills, and connect them to improve their strengths as a team.
Design leaders and managers, designers, product managers, developers
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What are the colours of design cultures — different personality types among designers
- How they might relate to various job roles within design industry
- How to use the principles of game design to help designers identify their strengths and develop them further
- How to find ideal partners to help with their weaknesses and work together
- How to make design talent assessments that don’t make people shoot themselves