What happens when we approach Service Design through the lens of technology and connected devices? The Internet of Things (IoT) promises to change the way we interact with everyday objects and devices, but as we assign a proverbial IP address to everything around us, how can we ensure that we’re still creating meaningful experiences?
In this talk, Ramy shows you how the tools & practice of Service Design can help align a user-centred design approach with an ever-growing world of technology advancements.
To explore what happens at the intersection between Service Design and the Internet of Things.
Designers, technologists, strategists, brand owners, service designers, UX designers.
Five things audience members will learn
- What happens when service design intersects with a world of connected devices.
- How IoT can improve and add meaning to customer experiences.
- Ways that connected devices can provide evidence for design change.
- Importance of avoiding technology-centred service design.
- Cases & samples of how connected devices have shaped service design.