Want to make HTML 5 games? Don’t know where to start? Want to learn the basics of game development? Well you need to come to my HTML 5 Game Workshop!
This half day workshop will cover the following necessary skills:
– Set up a local server environment with Apache, PHP and MySQL.
– How to install tools for HTML 5 game building.
– Introduction to Game Design, Game Theory and Web Gaming.
– Intro to ImpactJS.
– Making your first ImpactJS game.
– Game Asset generation with PhotoShop Scripting.
– Working with inheritance, animation and sound in ImpactJS.
– Deployment strategies and distribution (Web, Desktop, Mobile).
What you will need for this workshop:
– A laptop (mac or pc).
– Must be comfortable writing code. This isn’t an advanced workshop but I will cover a lot of code.
– Interest in gaming.
– Prior experience with Flash is a plus, especially game frameworks like Flixel.
– Local server (Apache, PHP and MySQL). I will cover how to set these up and configure them if you do not have them installed prior to the class.
– A text editor or PHPStorm (which has a 30 day trial).
– Bring own ideas for games you would like to build.
Not only is this workshop a great way to learn about game development, especially with HTML 5, but you will also get a free no commercial license of ImpactJS (which is normally $100). Also even though we will not build a fully functional game in this workshop but I will supply you with all the tools and code concepts needed to go out and make your own.