Note that this workshop is offered on the post-event workshop day on Feb 17th and therefore is only available to those who have ‘The Works’ or the ‘ Workshop’ ticket.
As creative professionals, we are called upon to produce and deliver original strategies and solutions to make our companies or clients stand out in the crowd, requiring a high level of creative thinking and generation of innovative ideas. But sometimes constantly having to be “on” creatively can be mentally taxing. Furthermore, standard working conditions often can extinguish our creative fire, making it tough to come up with fresh ideas precisely when we need them most. What is needed is a way to work better so that we can create more.
Through exploring various concepts and approaches, including the neuroscience of creativity, productivity techniques, and emerging practices that spur innovation, we’ll discover not only the ways in which our brains work best, but also what’s behind the times when we feel on fire with creativity and when we don’t. We’ll translate this information into processes and techniques for dramatically enhanced creative productivity. Beware: this workshop challenges the standard norms around concentration, focus, productivity, and may change how you work…for the better.
Topics will include:
• The seven steps process for unfolding the brain in order to work better to create more
• Techniques and processes to help participants
• Determine how and when to use the three approaches to optimal right-brained productivity
• Recognize and expand idea generating and capturing styles
• Get in the ideal brainwave state where one accesses creative ideas and ideates best
• Leverage the relationship between collaboration and playing games to foment creative inspiration
• Tools to aid with
• Eliminating the biggest blocks and inhibitors of creativity
• Gathering sources of inspiration that kick-start the creative process
• Getting to finished products faster
The goal of the workshop is to help participants:
• Challenge and replace standard approaches to work in order to be more creative and innovative
• Transmute negative stress into eustress to inspire and spur creativity
• Structure time and workspaces to be more productive
• Generate creative ideas when most needed
• Develop and/or regain creative confidence