How did a self-taught motion designer have an A-ha moment (literally) and end up working with Gus Gus, Kygo, Alan Walker, John Legend, Sting and.. A-ha?
Working as a visual artist for live touring is challenging and rewarding, and in this session Arminas will break down the various elements that make up a great live performance, show you best practices and tell a few war stories as well. Perhaps he can even inspire you to become a useful vidiot like himself?
Explain what it’s like to work with visual arts for touring bands and artists.
Musically minded artists
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- What it’s like to perform live as a visual artist
- What are common tools and best practices for live use
- How to translate sound into visual concepts via shapes, colours and motion
- What the future holds for motion graphics and the artists that create it
- The importance of hot cups of espresso within reach at all times