It’s undeniable that the array of technology touting new “realities” has captured the public’s imagination. But when it comes to the content, we’re still trying to adapt storytelling methods developed for screen-based media.
Regardless of whether you’re interested in 360º video, augmented reality, or fully immersive VR – the frameless experience is a fundamental shift in how we create (and consume) narrative content.
Let’s take a closer look at the different types of immersive technology, How they leverage content from precursor media, and how they can play a part in the future of storytelling.
Anyone interested in immersive storytelling
Assumed Audience Knowledge
Not much, but it helps if you’ve tried some VR/AR.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- The difference between technology as a platform and as a medium
- Identifying four mass media technologies and their defining elements
- How the frame has shaped storytelling throughout the ages
- What it means to be a frameless medium & how that transforms the story
- What Stefan binge watches