It will soon be economically feasible to put chips, sensors, actuators, and radios into a wide range of previously “dumb” everyday items. The resulting explosion of connected objects will have profound effects on art, culture, and design.
Decades of designing and developing for the distributed architecture of the web has uniquely positioned web professionals to thrive the connected future that is fast approaching.
Please join Jonathan for an eye-opening look at the challenges and opportunities that will be created for web professionals in the post-mobile computing era.
To inspire web professionals to think bigger about their potential impact on the world.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Likely winners —and losers— in the coming networked society
- How to transition web skills to broader application space
- What the web might look like in 3D virtual space
- Approaches to designing front-ends for screenless devices
- Implications of extending back-end code into physical space