When people hear the term ‘3D printing’ a wonderful method of creating something comes to mind, as it should. But is it as simple as the media portrays? What are the real benefits and drawbacks of this new and exciting field?
Local entrepreneur and 3D printing enthusiast, Cat Adalay, tells the truth about additive manufacturing and all the things it has to offer. From ‘printing’ food, to creating human tissue, this technology will change the world as we know it. While also playing a part in a technology upheaval that could disrupt human society.
This is a discussion about the reality of 3D printing and what this incredibly innovative technology can do.
Five things audience members will learn
- The media have misinformed most people about what 3D printing can do.
- 3D printing is the most economical and environmentally friendly method of creating hardware.
- CAD design and 3D printing could be present not just in schools but also in homes.
- Countless opportunities are being created in many fields due to 3D printing.
- 3D printing is one of many disruptive automated systems that could take away a significant portion of human jobs.