Imagination Viruses are methods, tools, objects, or ideas that when released can pop hype bubbles, bust up thought clumps, and make space for new areas and ways of thinking.
In this round table, OCAD University’s Digital Futures faculty Cindy Poremba and Kate Hartman will share examples of Imagination Viruses from their teaching, research, and practice and lead participants through the process of creating their own.
Design, create, and release imagination viruses into the FITC thought stream…
Anyone interested in spreading creativity and shaking the future up.
Five Things Audience Members Will Learn
- Techniques for positively disrupting hype
- How to create tiny spreadable interventions into future tech
- How to use speculative design and design fiction for messy disruptions
- The power of weird prototyping
- How to spot the need for an imagination virus